27 February 2011

Grandmas

There's nothing like spending quality time with grandma! We were so blessed to have my mom come and visit for a week right after Chloe was born. It was so nice being able to focus on the baby, while my mom kept the cooking, laundry, and house work done. Because Chloe was so brand new, we stayed in the house and enjoyed one another's company. I think it's safe to say that Chloe is a big fan of her Nana. It definitely wasn't easy saying good-bye to my mom, she's been missed. Lucky for us, Riley's mom came last week for a week visit. She was my saving grace. I kept telling myself that if I could make it to Thursday, when Nancy came, than I could do anything. She was such a great help with Chloe, and my sanity. She taught us several tricks that have helped to sooth our fussy baby. I'm eternally grateful to her. Because Chloe was 4 weeks when Grandma Nancy was here, we felt good about taking her out a little bit. We took Grandma around to see the Kirtand Historical sites, and Lake Erie. I guess all good things must come to an end, because just like Nana, Grandma Nancy had to leave us too. Thank goodness we get to see them both in April. Thank you guys for coming! We love and miss you!





3 comments:

Kelly said...

Grandmas are the best!

Scribbles & Doodles said...

Grandmas and Nanas are wonderful! What would we do without them?

Scribbles & Doodles said...

Oh, Malachi is sending something little for Chloe so be looking for it in the mail in a few days.:)