09 January 2011

Happy New Year!

There's nothing like ringing in the new year with good friends and good food, which is exactly what we did. Our awesome neighbors hosted a New Year's Eve Party at their apartment. Several of the young couples in the ward came and celebrated together. Our evenings festivities included: saying Happy New Year in several different languages, making a time capsule that included where we are in our life right now and where we think we'll be in 5 years, answering questions about our 2010 year, and a 2 truths and a lie game that helped us really get to know each other better. And then there was the food, oh the food. It was delicious! I don't know about the others, but I sure pigged out. Thank goodness I could blame it on the baby! Only three of the couples made it clear until midnight. Surprisingly enough, we were one of those couples. However, when midnight hit we all looked like exhausted zombies and were anxious to get to bed.

All the dudes: Jerry, Jacob, Jeremy, Hyrum, and Riley

All the ladies: Chelsea, Heather, Kayla, Courtney, and Kristen

2010 was such a crazy year for us. I just wanted to list some of the life changing events that took place.

Remembering 2010:

  • We moved in with my in-laws, something we both said that we would never do.
  • Riley took a job with Avery Dennison.
  • Riley graduated from BYU in April with his degree in Business Management, Supply Chain.
  • Riley moved to Ohio in May while I stayed in Utah until August. Our second married summer apart; something else we both promised we'd never do again.
  • I student taught in first grade and at the BYU preschool.
  • We found out that we're expecting a sweet baby girl in January. We were apart when this news came, not the most ideal situation.
  • I graduated from BYU in August with my degree in Early Childhood Education.
  • I quit working for Albertsons/Fresh Market after being there for 7 1/2 years, the only job I've ever had.
  • Riley quit working for Wells Fargo after 3 1/2 years.
  • I moved to Ohio, being the first in my family to move outside of Utah.
  • My mom got married, YAHOO!
  • We visited Niagara Falls and Palmyra, NY.

I'm sure this list could go on forever, but I think I hit the big stuff. It will be interesting to see what 2011 holds for us. Happy New Year everyone!



2 comments:

Dave said...

Enjoying your blog updates so I thought I'd leave a comment to let you know. By the way, you two living with us for a few months was one of our 2010 highlights too!

Looking forward to our first granddaughter!!!!!

Lindsay said...

What a year! I predict that Baby Girl will make 2011 just as eventful. :)